Thursday, May 19, 2011

Moving is Scary!

Yep, we're hitting the road and moving to Jacksonville, Florida. We're so excited. . .
And sad.
We've loved our twelve years here and have some amazing friends. Our kids are fairly close by and we love our house (and the pool, of course). But. . . the adventure calls to us. It feels right.
And you want to know how blessed I am? Our friends and family are excited for us. In the midst of Daddy's health problems, I didn't like telling Mama we were moving six more hours down the road. Yet, first words out of her mouth were, "What a great adventure!" She'll never know what that did to let us relax and enjoy this move.
And that's the kind of parent I want to be. A parent who meets every opportunity my kids face with enthusiasm and joy. That's the kind of friend I want to be, the kind of wife I want to be.
Making it easier for those close to me to seize the adventures opening up to them sounds like a worthy goal to have.
But it also sounds pretty scary.

6 comments:

Katie Turner said...

When are you moving?

Kay Dew Shostak said...

We'll have to sell the house and it's not even on the market yet. So it will be a while.

Rob said...

You ain't kiddin' sister!

Julie Garmon said...

I'm soooo blessed we got to know each other, Kay. One of my first friends in my writing adventure.

So much love,
Julie

Jodie said...

WOW! Enjoy the adventure, girl! Can't wait to read all about it!

Marti Pieper said...

Kay, I had glanced at this on Facebook and never went back to read. Congratulations--you'll be only two hours away from me now. And we'll HAVE to get you to the wonderful Florida Christian Writers Conference.

I'll be praying for the details as God works them in and through your lives. Much love!