Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Frustrated - and now I know why!

Frustrated this morning because I don't know what to write here. I stayed up too late again watching the Olympics. Mike's not here so I slept in and now the morning is flying by - and I don't know what to write here.
Thoughts of Lent are mucking around in my head and they filled a blog post a minute ago, but I erased them. They sounded like a lecture or advice column.
I'm frustrated with folks who are frustrated with God, but honestly say they've never really taken the time to understand or know him. But I don't know what to write about that.
The new book is coming along fine but these late starts don't help me write. I am such a morning person with writing and as Mike travels, I have to stop sleeping in, apparently. Because it leads to me being frustrated and throws my day off. Funny, but I haven't really put that together until this moment. It's never occurred to me that I should set my alarm on days Mike's not here. I've always looked at the days he's gone, as days to not have to get up so early. But before, when the kids were home, I got up before them so I was up early-ish. Hmmm, this seems so obvious to me now.
Also, it tells me why I was so frustrated before.
God had something to show me and I wouldn't look in that direction. I was completely missing the point. Completely. Which leads to frustration.
So, when I'm feeling frustrated it's because I'm missing the point? Awesome!
I do believe God has a point when he talks to us - not always a correction - sometimes he just wants us to see the sunset we're turned away from cause we're facing a computer screen or the TV. But in not getting his point - due either to being obtuse, argumentative, or busy - we miss the connection and are left frustrated.
Hey - now I know what I was supposed to write this morning! And my frustration just melted away - how about yours?

5 comments:

Jodie said...

Awesome, transparent post. Like you, I need to set that alarm too. :-)

Kay Dew Shostak said...

Good to know I'll have company. And it was amazing how my frustration left. Just finished writing my thousand words for the day and feeling great. Thanks for stopping by!

Marti Pieper said...

Your post reminds me of the Flannery O'Connor quote: "I write because I don't know what I think until I read what I say." Isn't it funny how the writing process clarifies our thinking, turns our heads, or opens our eyes?

I'm glad you got your thousand words. I have more school to teach--but a chapter to cut and shape this afternoon. Blessings!

Kay Dew Shostak said...

Marti - writing my blog has taught me that. My mind seems to be tuned in to waiting for my fingers to start typing. Thanks for sharing the quote by Flannery. I like it!

LynnRush said...

Great post. I'm a morning person as well, but when I don't get up early, I feel like I've lost half the day, especially with writing.

You hit it head on when you said, "...I do believe God has a point when he talks to us - not always a correction."

:-)