Friday, December 18, 2009

Morning has Broken

Wedding weekend is finally here! Rehearsal has to be today, two days before the wedding, so we get to stretch out the fun.
I feel all tingly and excited and my mind is racing so this blog just doesn't seem to want to come together. Next time I write this blog - I'll be a mother-in-law! How cool is that? Everything seems too big, too wonderful to wrap my mind around. There's a song that swells up in me when I feel this way. So these words are my gift to you on this day.

Morning Has Broken
(A Traditional Song, Lyrics by Eleanor Farjeon)

Morning has broken, like the first morning
Blackbird has spoken, like the first bird
Praise for the singing, praise for the morning
Praise for the springing fresh from the world

Sweet the rain's new fall, sunlit from heaven
Like the first dewfall, on the first grass
Praise for the sweetness of the wet garden
Sprung in completeness where his feet pass

Mine is the sunlight, mine is the morning
Born of the one light, Eden saw play
Praise with elation, praise every morning
God's recreation of the new day

Blessings on you all!

3 comments:

Vodka Logic said...

didn't Cat Stevens sing that song. We used to in the church choir.

Kay Dew Shostak said...

Yes, he did. In looking up the lyrics they said he is often credited with writing it, but it's an old gaelic song. I've sang it in choir also - isn't it neat how those songs stick with you?

Unknown said...

Kay and Mike: May God pour out an abundant amount of blessings on this weekend for all of your family. Had I not been down this road, I could not relate, but you are releasing Robert into someone else's care. We did this with Jennifer and what a blessing that marriage has become. We pray that everything goes exactly as planned and as we engineers put it..built to the specs. It is hard to believe that the baby's birth that we were there for that morning is now being married. May God pour his blessings on this marriage today and into the future years. With our love to all, Mike and Pam