Thursday, December 24, 2009

O World, I cannot hold thee close enough!

It's Christmas Eve - just put a pecan pie in the oven and need to get a chocolate one made. And since the only thing that would end up here if I tried writing this morning would be the menu for tonight, here's a blog from my first week of blogging.
"Knee-buckling Gratitude" - and it fits exactly how I feel today! Enjoy!

Early morning sunshine through the trees
Coffee
Facebook
Peaches
Kids - mine especially
Computer
left-over chicken wings
Jesus life story written in Mark's action packed way
Friends
Hydrangeas in vases given by a friend
Southern Living Magazine
Smell of exhaust
Light reflected on water
There's a line from a poem by Edna St. Vincent Milay, which since jr. high has met my need for words on days like today. "O world, I cannot hold thee close enough!" When my very soul so expands that to hold all this beauty in proves more than I can do, that one line is my mantra. My prayer of all-consuming praise for being alive and being me. And I know God is grinning like crazy when we take a minute or two and actually see, really see our world. Wow - he must really like us!
"O world, I cannot hold thee close enough!"
Thank you, thank you, thank you!

No comments: