Thursday, May 20, 2010

Heart Overload? Possible?

In a full heart there is room for everything, and in an empty heart there is room for nothing. ~Antonio Porchia

I found this quote and it expresses my feelings tonight - perfectly. From joy to contentment to hope to concern, my heart seems to be full to overflowing. But then fifteen minutes with a new person and my heart is making more room.
The heartache people are going to sleep with, right this minute, is astounding. Eyes squinted, lips tightened, brain crunched aching, the same aching they've been sleeping with for months, no, years.
The joy dancing in another friends soul tonight bounces around in mine also. Giddy giggling goofiness that tickles the feet and throat.
Fear sits with another friend and begs me to sit up too. Far away, but sitting up might help.
Memory of a blue sky playing with fluffy white clouds and dozing in a rocking chair in the sun and breeze spills over the edges of my heart and lets a sigh escape.
How can all this be contained and entertained in my heart? All I know is how thankful I am to be honored with the bequests from those around me. The world searches for hearts with room - Here I am.

No comments: