Monday, March 8, 2010

Give me back my Bundle

Man, the birds sure are happy this morning! The chilly air is alive with their greetings and songs. In a blaze of tangerine, the sun pushes over the horizon, nothing to block it but bare limbs beginning to bud. Like the birds, I'm full of song this morning. Nothing quite as lovely as their chirps, whistles, and trills. Mine is more "Ooo, ooh. Tonight's going to be a good night." And then I change it to "Today's going to be a good day." The Black Eye Peas song is a favorite of mine - maybe because of all the weddings I've been to lately where it plays early and often. Or that it served for a backdrop on the Oscars last night.
I stayed up to watch the Oscars. They were my background for reading a book, then when something happened worthy of watching, I just looked up.
And even with my late bedtime - "Today's going to be a good, good day. Ooo, ooo." Wonder why somedays just come out of the box better? I honestly don't think it was anything I did or didn't do. And I even have three doctor/dental check ups this week. Those yearly kinds which I, in my infinite wisdom, thought I'd get done all at one time. So, it's not my upcoming schedule which lends to happiness.
Do the birds have a reason to be so full of song this morning? Does there have to be a reason for me to be full of song? But on blah days, I want a reason. Is that to assure me it's not arbitrary? Out of my control? If there's a reason for being blah, then I can fix it?
My default setting is happy. How hard it must be to suffer from depression, when your default is blah. My heart aches for my friends, for which this is so.
You know, there's an old saying that if we could all bundle up our troubles and put them in a pile for exchange, after examining everyone else's bundles - we take our own back out.
The older I get and the more I see - the more I believe that.

No comments: