Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Discombobulated is Baaaack...

Some days just seem to start so slow, have you noticed that? Today is one of those for me. Maybe it's that I was still watching DVR'd episodes of Hell's Kitchen at 12:30 last night. Mike was in Selma, Alabama last night for some meetings today so I got caught up on all those show's my DVR has been collecting for me. Mike is not a big TV fan, unless it's sports focused or Bruce Willis or Sylvester Stallone are starring. Luckily, for Mike, neither of those stars know how to say "enough".
We are looking at Mike doing quite a bit more traveling in the upcoming future and I have to figure out what that looks like for me. I'm a little surprised at how this has upset my apple cart, because alone time is usually something I crave.
When the kids were little and Mike traveled, it was just plain old hard. No one to come in and give relief. All bedtimes, meals, practices, games, baths, and discipline was mine. All mine. Then the kids got older and could get themselves in the car with their shoes, liked frozen pizza better than real food, and could take out the trash. The couple days a month Mike would be gone, weren't a problem. Lizzy left last year, but Mike rarely traveled and it was a novelty having an entire house to myself when he did.
But this new possibility is taking some getting used to. I'm already alone all day with this writing gig. (Wow, does the internet help with that.) So, I'm discombobulated (it's baaack) a bit.
Has anything come out of left field lately to throw you off? How are you handling it?
Really, I want to know.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, things tend to do that, huh? Catch ya by surprise. I'm sure God'll throw something at you to help with the "alone" time.

Yeah, something's come out of left field for me in the whole employment field. . . I still have a job, but some things just seem like it might lead to me not having a job soon. So, I'm kinda wiggin', but holding on for dear life to the hope that God'll take care of me.

That helps ease the unease a bit. When I was unemployed unexpectedly back in August-November of 2009, I held on tight for sure! HE got me through, along with my stellar rock-solid husband. It's difficult, but doable.

Hang in there. I Bet God's got something SWEET in store for you!

Kay Dew Shostak said...

Thanks for the thoughts, Lynn. You are a rock and such a bright spot every time you show up - even on the internet! I will keep your job concerns in my thoughts and prayers. So, same back at ya - Hang in there. I bet God's got something SWEET in store for you!